Committed to Supporting Our Community
Our Vision and Mission
Every human being has mental health. It can be really hard to live in the world, and sometimes we all need support to navigate life.
We believe that counselling and psychotherapy should be accessible to all who wish to access support.
For that reason, we are committed to providing low-cost counselling and psychological support for individuals and couples across Sussex.
We commit to:
Keeping counselling affordable for those who wish to access support. We therefore offer a sliding fees scale
Ensuring that counselling is accessible. We are located in a wheelchair accessible building, with mobility aids. We also offer online counselling for those who are unable to get to the centre for any reason
Ensuring that quality counselling is available regardless of income. We ensure that all of our counsellors are vetted, DBS checked and have the appropriate training to work with clients. We match our counsellors based on the best-fit with the client rather than based on the client’s affordability
We are a member of the BACP and we adhere to their ethical code of practice. This means:
- Being trustworthy: honouring the trust placed in the practitioner
- Autonomy: respect for the client’s right to be self-governing
- Beneficence: a commitment to promoting the client’s wellbeing
- Non-maleficence: a commitment to avoiding harm to the client
- Justice: the fair and impartial treatment of all clients and the provision of adequate services
- Self-respect: fostering the practitioner’s self-knowledge, integrity and care for self